- The Gmail redesign features new icons and a collapsible app toolbar.
- If you don’t like the Gmail redesign, you can revert back to the original view through your Settings menu.
The Gmail website just received its first big design update in years, adding quick links to Google Meet, rounded icons, and a new default color scheme.
But when it comes to websites that people use every day, change can be jarring. That’s why Google lets you switch Gmail back to the old design.
How to change Gmail back to the old design
To revert Gmail to the old design, you’ll need to open the website’s Settings menu.
1. Head to the Gmail website and log into your account.
2. Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Under See all settings, click the option that says Go back to the original view.
4. Gmail will ask you to explain why you’re switching back to the old view. Type whatever you want — you don’t have to fill it out — and then click Reload.
Gmail will refresh. When it loads again, you’ll be looking at Gmail’s original design.
If you eventually want to update to Gmail’s new redesign, click the gear icon again and then select Try out the new Gmail view.
Read the full article here